Tips for Success
BMA and AMA are proud to be the leading Coloratdo business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing associations that annually recognize the very best in marketing communications. Below are a few tips to help you prepare the best possible entry for this year's Fourteeners.
How to Win the Fourteeners (video)
Components of a Successful Fourteener Entry
Keep in mind that the four components of judging are weighted evenly, with each of these factors accounting for 25% of the possible points. Your entry should address each of them!
- selling proposition/objectives
- results (important!)
Common Entry Errors
Our online entry process will step you through the requirements for a successful entry and avoids some of the pitfalls common when we did paper submissions. However, be sure to avoid these common entry errors:
- No results given. There are many ways to "measure" success. What was your objective when you started the campaign or project? Be sure to reflect on those in your submission.
- Enter the award category or categories that best match your marketing program. Please note the guidelines posted, and reference the FAQs for tips on acceptable entries. Even companies may have qualifying entries.
- Incomplete entries. You may revisit your entries at any time from the kickoff to the extended deadline. But don't forget to complete them.
- Missed deadlines. Don't forget to get your online entry completed by the extended deadline.
The online entry process is SIMPLE, but be sure to follow the rules.
- Make sure that any attachments or links submitted can be opened by the judges!
- Be sure to address all four components in your narrative.
- Check that your file can be uploaded. PDFs are limited to 5MB in size.
- Remember your audience: how would you explain your entry to a stranger in two minutes or less? Focus on the key components of the campaign with a succinct narrative.